Contaminant Data Download and Display (CD3)
Contaminant Data Display and Download Tool or CD3 is an innovative visualization tool for accessing water quality data for the San Francisco Bay-Delta and northern montane regions. It is the primary tool for accessing and downloading the San Francisco Bay Regional Monitoring Program’s (RMP) long-term dataset and other project data stored in SFEI's Regional Data Center (RDC). Data stored in SFEI’s RDC are comparable with the state’s data management business rules and are regularly exchanged with the California Environmental Data Exchange Network (CEDEN).
CD3 was recently redesigned to leverage SFEI’s other interactive mapping efforts. It debuts impressive new functionality, including enhanced spatial querying and dynamic statistical summaries. Other key benefits of the redesigned tool include:
- aggregating data from different projects and sampling events for an analyte
- accessing all data collected across multiple years for a project
- spatial querying by county, Water Board, hydrologic region, or user-defined area of interest
- generating surface model maps for RMP data
- selecting among several chart types for data analysis (e.g., mean and error; box and whiskers, histogram)
- downloading data as a tabular or spatially displayed dataset
- customizing and downloading charts for use in reports and presentations.
The tool is updated regularly with new datasets and has the flexibility to display all public data stored in SFEI’s Regional Data Center database.
2007 to 2021
Programs and Focus Areas:
Clean Water Program
Bay Regional Monitoring Program
Environmental Informatics Program
Wetland Monitoring & Assessment