Click photo above for a slideshow of select photos from the Meeting.
For access to (including downloading) of more photos from a Google folder, click here.
RMP Annual Meeting 2018
October 11, 2018
The Annual Meeting is held every year in the fall. The 2018 Meeting was held on October 11 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA. The Meeting featured sessions on RMP highlights, watershed loadings, nutrients, and contaminants of emerging concern. Please see below for the day's agenda, presentation titles and slides, and recordings of each session.
Welcome and Introduction: Tom Mumley, San Francisco Bay Water Board (9:00am)
Session 1: RMP Highlights: (9:10am - 10:40am)
- RMP Highlights 2018 and 2019 - Phil Trowbridge, SFEI (PDF)
- Selenium in the Bay: Monitoring at a Crossroads - Robin Stewart, USGS
- Dioxins in the Bay: Sources, Impairment, and Recovery - Don Yee, SFEI (PDF)
- Discussion - Moderated by Tom Mumley, San Francisco Bay Water Board
Session 2: From Watersheds Through the Bay (10:55am - 11:55am)
- Water Quality Monitoring of the North Bay Fires - Kevin Lunde, San Francisco Bay Water Board (PDF)
- Green PlanIT: Planning Green Infrastructure for Stormwater Management in the Bay Area - Jing Wu, SFEI (PDF)
- Sediment Flux Through the Golden Gate During the High Flows of 2017 - Maureen Downing-Kunz, USGS (PDF)
- Discussion - Moderated by Naomi Feger, San Francisco Bay Water Board
Session 3: Nutrients (1:10pm - 2:25pm)
- The Dissolved Oxygen TMDL for Suisun Marsh - Barbara Baginska, San Francisco Bay Water Board (PDF)
- What Factors Control Phytoplankton Blooms in the Bay - Zhenlin Zhang, SFEI (PDF)
- Harmful Algae in San Francisco Bay - Dave Senn, SFEI (PDF)
- Discussion - Moderated by Eric Dunlavey, City of San Jose
Session 4: Contaminants of Emerging Concern (2:45pm - 4:00pm)
- Pharmaceuticals in Wastewater - Diana Lin, SFEI (PDF)
- Bisphenols (Endocrine Disrupting Components in Plastics) in the Bay - Ila Shimabuku, SFEI (PDF)
- Flame Retardants in the Bay after the PBDE Ban - Rebecca Sutton, SFEI (PDF)
- Discussion - Moderated by Kelly Moran, TDC Environmental, LLC
Related Projects, News, and Events:
The Annual Meeting of the Regional Monitoring Program for Water Quality in San Francisco Bay (RMP) will be held on Friday, October 7th, 2016 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA from 9 AM to 4:10 PM. The theme of the meeting is “Science to Support Decision Making.” The meeting will feature presentations and discussion on contaminants of emerging concern, stormwater, sediment transport, contaminants in sport fish & margins sediment, and nutrients.