SFEI Job Announcement
Title: Accounting Clerk
Requisition No: OPS 20-1
About the Position
The San Francisco Estuary Institute (SFEI) is seeking an Accounting Clerk to assist the Accountant and the Finance and Contracts Director with day to day activities regarding accounting, accounts reconciliation, expense tracking and data entry, and contracts management. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks/projects to successful completion, experience with accounting software and spreadsheets, and enjoys managing important details.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, Bookkeeping or other related field or two years’ experience working in a related field
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Experience working with spreadsheets (Google or Excel)
- Brings a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to problem solve detailed tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player who is interested in the Institute’s mission of providing science to inform decisions
This position requires an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual. Typical duties, under supervision of the Accountant, will include:
- Processes/posts a variety of accounting transactions such as invoices, payments, and expenses in accordance with department procedures.
- Checks and verifies accounting data; enters data into computerized accounting system and uses system to research questions and generate reports.
- Perform expense and other types of monthly reconciliation for projects and administrative expenses.
- Track outstanding expenses and communicate with staff about required receipts.
- Under supervision of the Contracts & Finance Director, provide support on various invoicing and contract tasks.
- Maintain and track staff PTO accruals.
- Other tasks as needed.
SFEI Mission: We deliver visionary science that empowers people to revitalize nature in our communities.
San Francisco Estuary Institute (SFEI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which has a 27-year track record of serving local, state, and federal agencies by developing and translating science to measurably improve the health and resiliency of Bay-Delta ecosystems. SFEI is a boundary organization at the interface between science and policy, recognized nationally for our ability to build consensus to support effective environmental decision-making and policy. SFEI has over 70 staff who represent numerous scientific and technological fields as well as our Operations unit.
SFEI is committed to building a culturally diverse staff, and we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and other groups commonly under-represented in environmental science.
San Francisco Estuary Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, family or parental status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Linda Russio at 510-746-7355 or [email protected].
Please note that SFEI cannot sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B) to fill this position.
Do not use any third-party web sites to apply for the position. No phone calls please.