The RMP Annual Meeting is held every year in the fall. The meeting is an opportunity for RMP stakeholders to discuss current RMP projects and highlights of interesting new studies. This year, the RMP will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with a look back at the RMP’s evolution and a look forward at how the RMP is and will continue to adapt. The meeting will feature a session celebrating the 25th anniversary, followed by sessions on the Bay margins, nutrients, and contaminants of emerging concern. After the meeting there will be a special Anniversary celebration, with refreshments and group photos to recognize the many people that have made the RMP a valuable program.
Registration for the RMP Annual Meeting is full. If you would like to be placed on a registration wait list, please fill out the wait list form on this page. The meeting will also be able to be remotely accessed via join.me. Instructions for remote access are available below the wait list form.
RMP Annual Meeting 2017:
October 6, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:10 PM
25th Anniversary Social to follow
David Brower Center
2150 Allston Way Berkeley, CA 94704
- An External Perspective - What Is Special About the RMP - Steve Weisberg, SCCWRP
- Why Monitor? Answers from Decades of Sampling in San Francisco Bay - Jim Cloern, USGS
- Linkage to Management Questions - Long-term Perspective - Karin North, City of Palo Alto
Movin’ on Up - Bay Margins and Watersheds
- The Critical Edge - Insights into Water Quality in the Bay Margins after 15 Years - Phil Trowbridge, SFEI
- From a Trickle to a Flood: Measuring Pollutant Loads to Margin Areas and the Bay - Alicia Gilbreath, SFEI
- How Slow Can You Go: PCB Lessons from San Leandro Bay - Don Yee, SFEI
- Modeling Nutrients in San Francisco Bay: House of Cards or Crystal Ball? - Rusty Holleman, SFEI
- What Controls Dissolved Oxygen in Lower South Bay, and Do the Fish Notice? - Lissa MacVean, SFEI
- Monitoring Algal Toxins in San Francisco Bay: What Have We Learned About Their Occurrence and Potential Sources? - Morgaine McKibben, SFEI
- Per and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in San Francisco Bay: Synthesis and Strategy - Meg Sedlak, SFEI
- Water Quality Monitoring 2.0: Using Non-Targeted Analysis to Find What We Have Been Missing - Jennifer Sun, SFEI
- RMP Findings Lay the Foundation for Pollution Prevention - Kelly Moran, SFEI
Registration for the RMP Annual Meeting is full. If you would like to be placed on a registration wait list, please fill out the wait list form below. The meeting will also be able to be remotely accessed via join.me. Instructions for remote access are available at the bottom of this page:
Directions and Parking
This year’s meeting will be held at the David Brower Center in downtown Berkeley, CA. There are spots to lock up a bicycle on the street or in the garage below the Center.
If arriving by BART:
- Exit the downtown Berkeley BART station on Shattuck Avenue
- Turn right (head south) on Shattuck Avenue towards Allston Way
- Turn left on Allston Way
- The David Brower Center will be on your right
If arriving by car:
Paid parking is available at several City of Berkeley-owned parking facilities. Parking is available at the Oxford Garage, located beneath the David Brower Center. Alternative parking is available at the Telegraph Channing Parking Facility (located on the corner of Telegraph and Channing in South Berkeley) or the Berkeley Way Lot (located on Berkeley Way between Milvia and Shattuck in downtown Berkeley). For more information about parking, please visit the City of Berkeley’s parking webpage.
For those unable to attend the meeting in person, the RMP Annual Meeting will be remotely accessible via join.me.
To join the meeting and view meeting slides:
- Go to the url: join.me/sfei-conf-cw1
To listen to the meeting by phone:
- Dial 1-415-594-5500
- Enter Access Code: 943-326-397#
To listen to the meeting via internet:
- Join the meeting
- Click the phone icon and select “Call via internet”
- A download may be required; if so, follow download instructions
Related Projects, News, and Events:
The Annual Meeting of the Regional Monitoring Program for Water Quality in San Francisco Bay (RMP) will be held on Friday, October 7th, 2016 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA from 9 AM to 4:10 PM. The theme of the meeting is “Science to Support Decision Making.” The meeting will feature presentations and discussion on contaminants of emerging concern, stormwater, sediment transport, contaminants in sport fish & margins sediment, and nutrients.