Please check back at a later time.
SFEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a relaxed semi-academic work setting with a diverse group of environmental scientists, designers, and administrative support staff. The Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created in 1994, with the mission to foster development of the scientific understanding needed to protect and enhance the San Francisco Estuary through research, monitoring, and communication.
SFEI is currently located in Richmond, near the Point Isabel Regional Shoreline. Benefits include health insurance for the employee and dependents, life insurance, 403(b) plan with employer match, section 125 plan, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
SFEI offers a benefits package including:
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- A 403(b) deferred compensation plan (SFEI matches up to 5% of your contribution)
- A term life insurance policy equal to one year's salary
- Long and Short Term Disability. Employer Paid.
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Sick leave accrual at the rate of 4 hours per pay period
- Paid vacation